Join us for in-person sessions of Dungeons and Dragons! Character building will be for the first hour, from 12-1pm. Gameplay will be from 1-3:30pm.
These are beginner-friendly sessions, so if you're new to D&D, please join us! If you're not new, please come all the same!
If you already have a 5th edition level one character, feel free to bring it to the game! Come to the character building sessions if you'd like to make a new one or change up the one you have. If you've never played D&D before, definitely come to the character building hour.
Please review these house rules for character building:
1. Good alignment characters only. Neutral character alignments must be relevant to the character's backstory, and be approved by the DM.
2. Please follow character building guidelines outlined in the D&D 5th Edition core materials. Homebrew/outside materials must be approved by Morgan or Jon.
3. New characters start at level 1. These are beginner games. In order to keep them beginner friendly, players start at level one and may only level up to 3 max, as determined by the DM. Other items/abilities are given at the DM's discretion in place of typical XP accruals.
4. Please use the standard array for any new level 1 character's ability scores: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8
5. If you're making a character in advance, please submit your character sheet to Morgan or Jon at least 2 days before the program.
We also require that all participants agree to follow our policies regarding appropriate conduct. These guidelines exist to ensure a safe and fun experience for everyone who sits down at the table. Youth who cannot follow these guidelines will be asked to leave the program that day:
Inclusion and Safety (same guidelines that exist in the Teen Loft):
• Respect yourself and others around you at all times. Everyone wants to be safe and have fun.
• Avoid vulgar, sexual, or overly mature language and themes.
• Aggression and harassment behavior are grounds for immediate removal from the program.
(Aggressive or harassing behaviors include, but are not limited to; threats of physical aggression, use of racial, gender, or cultural-slurs, and body shaming or bullying.)
• Follow the DMs lead, avoid arguing with the DM or other players over rules.
• No player vs. player infighting (aka PVP). Party members must be able to problem solve and work together with other players at the table.
• Take turns speaking with other players. Allow other players to get the attention of the DM.
• Please keep cross-talk relevant to the adventure being played.
• Avoid off-topic conversations at the table. If you want to connect with another player after the game, that is more than welcome. We encourage players to make friends!
Please arrive on time to play! Registration Required. Grades 6-12.
For questions, or character submissions, contact Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org