So, what is this all about?
Repair Café's are free meeting spaces where people fix things together. Besides the obvious money saving, RC's help keep stuff out of the landfill, promote connection and collaboration, skill-sharing and community self-reliance.
The Evanston Repair Cafe is also proud to support Evanston's Climate Action and Resilience Plan goals.
So give it a try! Find that broken item you never brought yourself to throw away (remember, there is no "away"!) and sign up for a slot that matches the type or repair you need. Once at the Repair Café, you'll have a chance to help our volunteers repair your item! They will also be able to diagnose and recommend next steps and any spare parts needed.
If you already know what is wrong with your item, bring any necessary spare parts to maximize the chances of getting it repaired!
These are the repair categories available:
- GENERAL REPAIR of small appliances and common household items (lamps, toasters, fans, blenders...) Includes GLUING of wood, ceramic and plastic of household items: toys, picture frames, crockery..
- BASIC SEWING/MENDING on clothing and other textiles. Please wash before bringing item.
- BASIC JEWELRY REPAIR: restringing, replacing clasps, links. Soldering up to silver.
- BIKE REPAIR: Slipped chains, loose bolts, stuck seats, handlebars... Simple repairs and tune ups only.
- ELECTRONICS DIAGNOSTIC: Bring your item to learn what's wrong with it, what you need to fix it and the difficulty level of the repair. BRING IT FULLY CHARGED AND/OR WITH ITS POWER CORD!
Co-sponsored with Climate Action Evanston. We are grateful to the Evanston Repair Café volunteers for their expertise, time and support.
WHEN? 2nd Saturday of the month
WHERE? Robert Crown Community Center Lobby
Questions? Bea at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.